Friday, July 3, 2009

Vacation!




Going on vacation is a great way to feel like your new house is home. It feels good to be home after vacation. We had a good time in Chincoteague and our favorite part was when Aunt Carol came for the last three days. She took these photos and mailed them to me so I have something to show you. Hans didn't go with us this year but hopes to go next year. It is a 10 hour drive now. We drove it all in one day on the way home. The kids have been wonderful. . .

We have been in Ohio a month but have only been in our own home for less than 10 days with the late closing and then vacation. I keep trying to tell myself it hasn't been long so I am not lonely. But i am lonely just the same, and so are the kids. We did invite a family over from church who have two girls close to Gabriella's and Annelise's age. They got along great and I enjoyed visiting with the mom. Now to find Tim a friend. . .

Hans is home today (vacation day)! Fun! He is putting together a huge TV cabinet we got from IKEA. It is a challenge for me not to help lift and stuff. He is building it all on his own. I took photo's I will post them when the rest of the room is finished as well. I hope to paint tomorrow. I relaxed almost all day today. I went garage saling with the kids this morning and then took a nap, watched a movie and then made dinner. I got a pair of roller blades for the girls and they each took a try on them, I found the roller blades at one sale and the safety gear at another one. They were excited to try them since Tim uses his roller blades that Aunt Carol and Uncle Dan gave him last summer. We talked about missing the Tulps while we tried them.

I hope you are all well. Feel free to call or write us to tell us how you are!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment