Thursday, July 23, 2009

feeling domestic or what!? (or is this nesting?)












Last Friday the kids and I had a garage sale. Although it was not a complete failure because in the end the garage was quite clean, the poor hard working kids only sold 2 lemon aids and NO cookies all day! They made amazing signs for me and Tim moved lots of stuff around whenever I asked as well.



Overall we didn't do well at the sale, but while we waited for the customers that hardly came, we finished painting the side table I picked up at a garage sale a week earlier. I quite like the finished product!



This week I made both homemade yogurt and fermented bean paste! I got the recipes from a new friend named Glory who has a little farm here. (I seems that I find the company farm girls fascinating I guess.) I hadn't tried making yogurt since we lived in Ithaca. I even added jello and made Popsicle. (That was the one way I got the girls to try it.) I like it with honey and blueberries. Notice in the last picture the slow progress of painting the kitchen too. The bean paste goes amazingly well in tacos and is at least a fourth of the price of canned high sodium black beans.



I finally had the heart to go through the baby stuff and get it all organized and pack a diaperbag for Stauffer baby #4. It was hard to hold little Levi's outfits, but I am getting better. It looks like he will be moving to family members soon so we wouldn't have gotten to keep him anyway. He is laughing and rolling and scooting around now.


The Dr. has scheduled an induction for Aug 24th if baby doesn't come before that. I pray the baby decides to arrive before that. I would like a little less medical delivery, but God knows what is best for all of us. I bought two going home from the hospitol outfits (one for each gender) so now I am set except packing a hospitol bag. (about 4 weeks to go!!!) I'll keep you posted as best as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Are those refried beans? I started making them from scratch here too--mostly because they can't be bought in the stores! It is nice to control what's in my food for a change---though at the same time I'm drinking coffee that comes from these pod thingys that have who knows what in them! Pick your battles, right?

    ReplyDelete