Saturday, July 11, 2009

Keeping perspective. . .



It can be a challenge to keep perspective when in a brand new situation. I find as a 35 year old it takes me longer than it used to to except a "new normal." So I am realizing things are going pretty well and I am happy to admit we are having a good summer.

I have included a photo of the yard signs the girls earned with 18 hours or reading. They have finished the local library's summer reading challenge! They are now in the drawing (along with literally 2000 other kids) for the bookmobile to come to there house and have a street party.

There are a lot of new and fun things to do here and we have a lot of exploring to do. One of the new things we did this week was go to the local park and play in the splash park. Tim took some good photo's for us. I did my best to stay in the shade. This month we also saw amazing fireworks right from the van on the 4th and today was Annelise's 10th birthday. We went to the movies yesterday with a new friend and to lunch at Mommy's new friends house who has a hobby farm and we got to hold baby turkeys!


I am having some minor unpleasant pregnancy symptoms. I am starting to swell and my feet look like sausages even when I did very little on my feet today. I didn't include photos of that!

I did officially finish painting the family room this week! I will post photo's next time I post something. Provided my camera is still working after I dropped it again! (I need to install the wrist strap.)

If you read this let me know and tell me how you are doing too! -Erin Joy

3 comments:

  1. Hi honey, thanks for the updates and photos. I'm saving evey one of them. Love you a lot. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten! Ten! How did that happen? I remember her as a six month old little thing in a car seat at the Ground Round! Or was it the Country Kitchen? It had a general store attached....odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin, thanks fot sending us the blog. Miss you all Love you Mom Pat

    ReplyDelete