Sunday, June 7, 2009

Still seeing how this is going. . .

Five hours of Disney channel today (without Tivo to fast forward). Do I love my family or what!!!???

I am praying that God would let us close tomorrow. (That is not just a figure of speech). I think we have done the Hotel thing long enough, don't you? They are giving us a discount tonight because they didn't clean our room today. I am really not sure it is worth it, but I like to save a buck when I can. . .

We checked out a church today, it was a good message (all about being patient and waiting on the Lord) and the music was wonderful, but we probably won't go back. There are a lot of churches to check out around here. We could probably find a new one every week for a year.

Missing my family (I love you Mom, I hope you really like your new place) and friends quite a bit (I love you Rose, and I promise I am not jealous that you sold your house in under a week and now you might not even visit me this summer because you need to pack and move! I hope the house buying goes as smoothly too.)

Except for the really stressful stuff going on - the weekend was pleasant. We went to this shopping plaza that has a fountain the kids can run around it. They even offer complimentary towels and sunscreen! It is pretty neat. They sell the tastiest snow cones right there too. We like the Blue Raspberry the best so far. Saturday we went to a nearby town that is known to be hippie friendly and it was lovely. We listened to a live band, bought strawberries at the farmers market, picked up another house plant, found a fun kids clothes resale, and Hans even found a mandolin available for coffee house guests to ticker with. Next time he is going to make sure that he has a pick with him. We also met some new families at a back yard potluck that was being held by a local MOPS group that I am hoping to be a part of next year. They meet during the day and have childcare!! Yeah!

Writing this blog is therapeutic. It makes me remember the fun stuff not just the stressful stuff.
When we get a house, get our stuff off of the moving truck, find the can opener and screw drivers, and set up the computer, then I will download updated photos to add to this. For now I hope I made great word pictures for you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin, Judy here...glad that you are blogging now. I hope that you were able to close on your house on the 8th and you are busy moving and that is why there is no current update. Hang in there and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete