Thursday, June 4, 2009

Let's see how this goes




I had typed an entire whole nice long message. But then the internet connection went out and I lost the whole thing! But just for you people whom I love very much, I am starting over....

SO, as I was saying...
I am not promising anyone anything. I am not sure I should be taking on another thing. But since I love Rose's and Elizabeth's blogs so much. I thought I would give it a try.

It has been a bit of a roller coaster around here. We are supposed to close on our new home tomorrow and when the underwriters called to confirm Hans' employment, someone told them he was self employed (which he is not) so the underwriters went into a total panic mode and said it would be at least two years before they would give a home lone to someone who just started to work for himself. . . After much diligence on Hans' part and a little praying from me, we were told tonight at 6:45 that we might still close tomorrow.

We have been sleeping in a hotel since May 30th and even the kids are tired of the swimming pool and continental breakfast! We are trying to explore our new town a little at a time. We like the many choices of restaurants and the many opportunities for entertainment. We even toured the schools today. Although they are literally twice as big as we are used to, they seemed smaller and more approachable. Tim had some positive opinions about his new school, although he did note that it was even less diverse racially than his old school. We have a lot on our plates and we know we have a lot to be thankful for. With a lot of Gods grace, we usually feel at peace. But I also feel like a swimmer who keeps swimming toward the surface only to be pushed back down after just one breath. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

I don't have up to date photo's since the tools I need to do that are on the moving truck, but I think a blog is more fun with pictures so I included some March photo's.


I hope I have a lot of fun stuff to share with you in the near future. -Erin Joy

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! That's got to be one of the worst words invented in the last 20 years. Anyhoo, we don't expect daily updates--but we will want baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I am excited that we can see into your new world. Love you. Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm totally new to the blog world. Nice to see the photos of the kids. Can we get one of you too? Love,MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin,
    I have been thinking about you and was so happy to see you/blog-thing :)
    I am so glad that you sound like you are holding up. Good luck with closing today!!
    Remember to take care of yourself!
    Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the photos and info on the house. It's nice to "see" your life.

    ReplyDelete